Wigs are a great way to transition into a new style and to add spice to your life. It’s best used to accessorize for work, school, or social occasions. There are health benefits to acquiring a wig as well as it boosts your self-esteem and protects your natural hair from getting damaged. As hairpieces are becoming more common, there are several ways of wearing wigs with each length, color, and texture serving different purposes.
Each person fights a different battle, whether it’s fighting against cancer, alopecia, or other medical conditions; wigs for men are intended to cover hair loss and to bring back that person’s identity and self-confidence back. It’s also important to note that wigs are used by people who don’t suffer from hair loss, but want to experiment with different hairstyles and colors, usually in the case of women. Wigs are easy to handle and to take care of as long as you’re consistent with the routine. All you need is a little bit of water and some mild shampoo that is sulfate and paraben free.
Basic types of wigs
Wigs are of different types:
Hair type: Human hair vs. Synthetic wigs
Real hair wigs for women (human hair wigs) and synthetic wigs are the two main types of wigs that are used by wearers.
- Synthetic wigs: A synthetic wig is a wig where the hair is made of synthetic fibers designed to look like human hair. Although they don’t look or feel as realistic as human hair, they are pretty similar given the advances in technology todayThey are great for people who want to temporarily change their look, have allergies or sensitivities to human hair or simply want a more affordable option.
- Human hair wigs: These are wigs made from real human hair and are available in various colors and lengths. This means you can find blonde human hair wigs with ease. They’re usually more expensive than synthetic wigs and must be cared for properly.
What to do before wearing a wig
Before you wear a wig, there are a few essential steps to follow.
- Wash and condition your hair. If you use any styling products, like mousse or gel, wash them out thoroughly before trying on the wig.
- Part your hair where you want it parted or style it however you usually would with your natural hair.
- Put the wig on, ensuring all the tabs are secure and that the wig lays flat against your head without any gaps in between the top of your head and the wig cap. If there are gaps, use bobby pins to pin down the sides of the wig cap, so the hair lays flat against your head.
- Fix any stray hairs by gluing them into place with a setting gel or spray adhesive.
When you’re in the market for a hairpiece, it’s crucial to have a checklist of the style you’re going for when it comes to the color, length, and texture of hair. Moreover, ensure you take adequate care of your hairpiece just like how you would with your natural hair.
How Wigs Were Life-Changing For Jaimee
Don’t forget to tag us at @Superhairpieces and #Superhairpieces on your social media channels to get a shoutout! And make sure to like us on Facebook, follow on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel!